Monday 16 April 2012

Getting Closer!

It seems as if March has flown by and April is quickly passing as well! But, the Lord is good and is blessing in many ways. Time truly has sped along with many opportunities for service along the way. My pastor here in Florida just recently had open-heart surgery with 5 bypasses. Needless to say, he has been out of commission for the past several weeks. Because of that, I am encountering many opportunities to minister and serve in the church. Opportunities come in the form of teaching, preaching, facilitating church functions, etc. I have referred to myself as the “church work mule,” :) but I am grateful for the various chances to serve.

I am excited to announce that I will be going through candidate school April 22-27 in New Hampshire. Through my board, IBMGlobal, I will be accepted full-time and will be able to begin the deputation process! I’m real excited about that! The week-long candidate school/missionary training will be alongside the annual Bible conference at Merrimack Valley Baptist Church in Nashua, NH, the board’s home church.


(Speaking here in a Kekchi church)

This is an exciting process for me because I feel that this places me one step closer to my goal, and that is getting to the mission field.


I'm looking forward to getting to work with my good friend, Jimmy and the Kekchi pastors we have opportunity to serve with.

Please pray throughout this process, especially next week while I'll be at candidate school. I look forward to reporting on how the Lord blesses and guides along the way! Until next time, ---Jay


(With pastor Chan in San Benito, Peten)

2 comments:

  1. You are in our prayers. Know you are excited! We will have to get together after you are back in Jacksonville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kiki! Sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete